Pest Control Issues
Anyone can be affected by pests. Everyone can work to stop their spread.
Click Here to learn about how to PREVENT pests in your home.
The most common pest problems in our community include:
When you see one cockroach in your home, its safe to assume there are at least 800 hidden in other areas of the home.
- Cockroaches cause problems for humans. They are known to cause allergies and trigger asthma attacks, especially in children and Elders
- Cockroaches spread nearly 33 kinds of bacteria inlcuding E. coli and Salmonella
- Cockroaches can be eradicated with lifestyle changes; the most effective include keeping your home clean and removing all possible food and water sources
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT COCKROACHES
Bed bugs are small oval insects that feed by sucking the blood from humans or animals. Bed bugs do not fly.
- Bed bugs can live anywhere in the home. They are most common in beds, including in the mattress, box springs and bed frames
- Bed bugs are most active at night. They will bite exposed areas of the skin while someone is sleeping
- Signs of bed bugs include itchy red bites on your body, dark brown stains or pellets in bedding or a physical sighting of bed bugs crawling in your bed or elsewhere
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT BED BUGS
Mice can squeeze through spaces as small as a dime and rats can fit through spaces the size of a quarter.
- A female house mouse can give birth to half a dozen babies every three week and can produce up to 35 young per year
- Rats can cause damage to properties and structures because they gnaw on insultation, drywall and wiring
- Rodents spread disease by biting humans or animals and contaminating homes from their urine or droppings. They can carry Hantavirus, Salmonella and other diseases
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT MICE/RATS
PLEASE REMEMBER, THE ABSOLUTE BEST DEFENSE AGAINST UNWANTED PESTS IS MAINTAINING A CLEAN AND SANITARY ENVIRONMENT
Tenants are required to report pest problems to the Property Management Team immediately.
Please understand, severe pest problems damage our asset and will be considered tenant neglect if left unreported.