* Due to the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic, the Human Resources department at Cowichan Tribes is operating for essential services only. All active recruitments and related activities are postponed until further notice. *
Human Resources Dept
The Human Resources department at Cowichan Tribes is dedicated to attracting and retaining our skilled workforce and promoting a safe, healthy and harmonious workplace.
We operate as nuts’amaat shqwaluwun (people working together with one mind respectfully) guided by the teachings of our ancestors.
By incorporating Cowichan Tribes’ traditional values and beliefs, the HR department empowers staff, and supports respectful relationships between Cowichan Tribes’ employees, managers, and community members.
Our Work and Services
Our team works to provide the highest quality of service to staff by building on individual employee strengths.
We strive to empower all employees in their workplace by supporting managers in making decisions that impact their department; ensuring employees know and understand their rights & responsibilities as an employee; and advising all staff on HR matters.
The Human Resources department works closely with management and employees to provide a variety of services such as:
- address and resolve employment relation concerns
- lead the organization’s staffing and recruitment activities
- analyze and determine compensation rates
- ensure consistent application of the human resources policy across the various departments
- manage and support employees through medical accommodations, and return to work agreements
Why Join Cowichan Tribes?
At Cowichan Tribe we operate as nuts’amaat shqaluwun, people working together with one heart, one mind and one spirit, guided by the teachings of our ancestors. We believe that each person in our community is important and that we must help one another to work together for the good of all.
We care about our employees and are committed to their development and wellbeing. Cowichan Tribes provides permanent employees with generous benefits and perks, such as:
- attractive compensation and benefits package
- generous paid time off
- meaningful and interesting jobs
- training and development opportunities
How to Apply
Cowichan Tribes is an equal opportunity employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on education, experience, job related skills and suitability.
What to consider before applying:
- Review the job description
- Familiarize yourself with duties, qualification and experience required
- Ensure you are eligible to legally work in Canada
When submitting your application:
- Clearly state how you meet each job requirement
- Include the reference number and position title
- Ensure you submit your application prior to the 4:00 P.M. deadline
Different ways to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. Please put the position title and reference number in the subject line. You will receive an automatic reply confirm receipt of your email.
Drop off your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department in the Main Administration building. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. with a one hour lunch break from 12:00 – 1:00 P.M.
Meet the Team
The Human Resources department has a small hard-working team composed of:
|Hannah Seymour, Acting Director & Human Resource Advisor||
|Stephanie Rheaume, Lead Human Resources Advisor||
|Bobby Debrone, Human Resources Advisor||
|Rachel Peter, Human Resources Advisor||
|Vivian Bones-Scotchman, Administrative Clerk||
For general inquiries, contact us:
1. Do you accept a general resume?
- We accept applications for casual, on-call or temporary work for a variety of positions. See our current opportunities for more details.
2. Do I need to submit a cover letter with my resume?
- You are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter, as well as a resume that highlights your experience, skills, availability and the positions you are most interested in.
3. Who should I address my cover letter to?
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources Department.
4. How do I know my application has been received?
- If you are applying via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive an automatic reply confirming receipt of your email. If you are unsure that your application has been successfully received, you may contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 250-748-3196 ext.1100.
5. Can I speak to someone about a job opportunity?
- Of course, you are encouraged to contact Human Resources if you have any questions about any of our current opportunities.