Slhexun sun'ts'a' Clinic
Slhexun sun’ts’a’ Clinic has moved!
Effective April 3, 2023, we are in our New Clinic Space at: 121 Ingram Street, Duncan, B.C.
Please note, we are not a walk-in clinic and are not currently accepting new patients, but we can place you on our waitlist.
- Community members who join the Slhexun sun’ts’a’ Clinic will receive the same services that they would at their family doctor. They will also receive enhanced care and the strong support of our diverse team.
- Our team is made up of doctors, nurse practitioners (who can provide many of the same services as doctors), nurses, health coaches, dietitians and other health professionals.
- A typical appointment will include a visit with a doctor or nurse practitioner, a health coach, and other professionals depending on your needs.
- A health coach will visit with you and support you before, during, and after your appointments.
- Honouring your story and cultural safety is important to us. So is your right to make your own decisions.
- Our health coaches will provide you with the information you need to learn about your health care options so that you can make better-informed decisions about how to nourish your roots of wellness.
- We can help you navigate the range of resources and services available to you within our health centre as well as the larger health care system.
Our team will respect your privacy and confidentiality.
The Slhexun sun’ts’a Clinic team includes you as an active partner in setting your own health goals.
We will continue to grow and currently have a great team of health professionals to support you on your journey.
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Family Doctor: Our NP & family doctor work as part of the team. They address medical concerns and support wellness through prevention, treatment/ management and monitoring of illness or conditions.
- Health Coaches: provide nursing support before, during and after your visits with your family doctor or NP.
- Nutrition & Diabetes Education: provides nutrition counseling, diabetes education and support including Dexcom sensor funding and replacements and blood sugar monitoring.
- Sexual Health & Wellness: provides PAP testing, and STI testing and treatment.
- Social Determinants of Health: counsels, coordinates and advocates for wide range of care, resources and supports.
- Chiropractor: assesses and treats variety of muscle, tendon, ligament, joint and nerve conditions. Available: Mon and Wed.
- Respiratory Therapy: helps with breathing and sleep concerns, and can provide CPAP and Oxygen Therapy. Home visits available.
- Medication: pharmacist who conducts medications reviews to assess and work with you to understand what is helping/needed/or making you feel unwell. They also teach about your medications, address funding needs and see those in hospital, clinic or community.
121 Ingram Street
|Monday||9:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 4:30 pm|
We have limited availability for same or next day appointment. When booking routine or non-urgent in-person appointments that you plan to do so at least 1-2 weeks in advance, when possible.
Please let us know if you will not be able to make your appointment and our staff will be happy to reschedule. This is important so that others may be seen if you are not able to make it in.