Cowichan Tribes has placed great importance on increasing the participation and success rates of Cowichan Tribes members in Post-Secondary education and training. It is through education and training that we can support capacity building towards Self-Government. We are committed to financially supporting post-secondary education and training.
Cowichan Tribes is responsible for the development of operating policy and guidelines to guide the administration of the Post-Secondary Student Support Program (PSSSP) and the University and College Entrance Preparation Program (UCEP) for Cowichan Tribes.
The policy guides Quw’utsun Syuw’entst Lelum’ in assessing the eligibility of students to receive financial assistance to attend accredited eligible post-secondary institutions in an eligible program of study. The policy has been ratified by Chief and Council and applies to all students seeking financial assistance from Cowichan Tribes. The Policy has been designed to be consistent with the Indigenous & Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) National Program Guidelines.
Holly Charlie, Post-Secondary Advisor
Ph. 250-715-1022 Ext. 7012
Sarah Campbell, Post-Secondary Administrative Assistant
Submit funding applications to: QSLfirstname.lastname@example.org
Funding dollars are committed each year in the following priority:
1) Continuing students
2) Recent high school graduates
3) Students accepted into the UCEP program at a grade 11 level or higher.
4) Deferred students are those students who were eligible but not funded in the past due to limited funding.
5) Returning students - students who have temporarily stepped away
6) New applicants- This category includes full-time students and part-time students
7) Students who have not maintained a GPA of C+ or better and/or have had attendance issues
Workshops are not funded.