Notice of Proposed Business Licence and Regulations Law
NOTICE OF PROPOSED BUSINESS LICENCE AND REGULATION LAW,AND INVITATION TO SUBMIT QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
TO: Cowichan Tribes Membership
DATE: September 22, 2020
NOTICE IS GIVEN that under Section 6 of the Quw’utsun Tumuhw (Cowichan’s Land Code), Cowichan Tribes First Nation proposes to enact the Cowichan Tribes First Nation Business Licence and Regulation Law, 2020 (hereafter referred to as the “Proposed Law”).
DESCRIPTION OF PROPOSED LAW: Cowichan Tribes’ existing Business Licensing Bylaw No. 2, 1997 was enacted pursuant to Section 86 of the Indian Act. As the current Bylaw no longer fits the jurisdiction now that Cowichan Tribes is operating under the Quw’utsun Tumuhw, and as businesses operating on Cowichan Tribes’ lands have significantly changed over the years, the Proposed Law is being made.
A COPY OF THE PROPOSED LAW may be obtained from:
- Cowichan Tribes’ website: www.cowichantribes.com/landnews
- Cowichan Tribes’ Facebook page: www.facebook.com/cowichantribes
- Lulumexun’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Lulumexun
COUNCIL OF THE COWICHAN TRIBES FIRST NATION INVITES QUESTIONS COMMENTS regarding the Proposed Law.
- Questions and comments may be made no later than October 30, 2020 and must be submitted to:
Cowichan Tribes Lulumexun Lands Department
5760 Allenby Road Duncan BC V9L 5J1 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (236) 800-4023
- Join us for an online member meeting on October 19, 2020 at 2:00 to 3:00 pm. Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://meetings.businessconnect.telus.com/j/1429593958
- Phone: +1 855 959 9009, Toll Free
- Meeting ID: 142 959 3958