ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER (EFT) FORM
To sign up for direct deposit, cancel direct deposit, or update your banking information, please fill out the form below
Who Should Sign up for Direct Deposit? Anyone who receives payment from Cowichan Tribes such as:
- ALL Cowichan Tribes Members - for tobacco tax, youth allowance, living allowance, social assistance, lease payments, etcetera
- Non-members living on Cowichan Tribes Land and are on Social Assistance
- Non-members who are a legal guardian for a Cowichan Tribes member and accept funds on their behalf
- Vendors who do business for Cowichan Tribes
Instructions for Completing 'Request for Contact EFT Information'
- EFT Action Requested Section: Select the appropriate box to indicate if you are requesting to start EFT, change your current EFT information on file with Cowichan Tribes, or cancel (discontinue) receiving payments via EFT.
- IMPORTANT: If you are submitting a start or change request you MUST include a voided cheque or EFT information along with the completed form or your request will not be processes
- Contact Information Section: Provide the Contact name, address, email, phone and fax number
- Financial Institution Information: The information provided by the vendor in this section will determine to which financial institution and account Cowichan Tribes directs payments. The cheque image below should aid in gathering financial information to complete the form.
a) Financial Institution Name - Provide the name of the financial institution to which payments are to be directed.
b) Transit Number - A bank identifier, always found at the bottom of your check. This number is 5 digits long.
c) Institution Number - A number to identify which major institution you bank with. This number is 3 digits long.
d) Account Title - Provide the depositor's name (account holder's name) on the account to which payments are to be directed.
e) Account Number - Your bank account number at your financial institution. There is no fixed number of digits, account numbers vary in length from bank to bank
f) Account Type - Select the appropriate box to indicate a chequing or savings account.
- Contact Authorization: Proper authorization must be provided by an authorized official in order for Cowichan Tribes to process the EFT Request Form. The authorized official should print their name to indicate they are signing, and date the form, as well as provide his/her title where necessary.
When you submit the form it will go to
If you have any questions please call our office at 250-748-3196 or email firstname.lastname@example.org