Yard and Lawn
Yard and Lawn
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Keeping your yard clean and tidy makes your house and neighborhood look better.
It can also make your house safer for you and your family by keeping away pests like rats and mice.
- Pick up garbage and place into garbage bags or cans for pick-up
- Pick up all pop cans/bottles and take them to the Bottle Depot or donate to a Bottle-Drive
- Take old furniture and unused appliances to the garbage facility at Bing’s Creek
- Discard broken gazebos, swimming pools or trampolines
- If you have any old unused cars or boats have then removed
- To stop rats and mice getting into the house, do not store piles of wood against the house
PLEASE REMEMBER, TENANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EXTERIOR MAINTENANCE OF THEIR HOME AS OUTLINED IN THE RENTAL AGREEMENT
To request a copy of your Rental Agreement, email email@example.com
Properly store large toys, sports equipment and bikes. This will help to keep things organized and will also extend the life of your possessions.
Mow and Trim
Mow your lawns regularly. Long grass can attract rats and mice. Keep tree branches trimmed and not touching your house to keep out rats and squirrels. Remove all blackberry bushes from the side of the house, away from entrances and away from any septic access.
Check the exterior of your home. Inspect windows and doors for any signs of moisture or structural damage. Check the deck and stairs and tighten any loose nails or screws.
Clean up after your pets and make sure they have proper outdoor housing. Outdoor pets should have protection from rain and wind and should also be properly tied, with enough length that they can move freely. With the warm weather coming, make sure your pets have access to clean water.